Apricot Glazed Ham
Click here to return to the Entrées-Pork page
1 hour, 30 minutes
1 hour, 40 minutes
Recipe used with permission by the National Pork Board. For more information about pork, visit PorkBeInspired.com
- 5 pound fully cooked whole boneless ham
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 2/3 cup apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place ham on rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, in a 325 degree F. oven for 1 1/4 hours or until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees F. (about 15-18 minutes per pound.)
- For the glaze, in a small saucepan combine brown sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg and cloves. Stir in apricot nectar and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Brush ham with glaze. Continue baking 15-20 minutes more, brushing occasionally with glaze.